Saturday, June 6, 2009

Introducing S' Little Brother...

The last few weeks of our lives have been pretty wild and crazy, but once again God has been very faithful. We've seen Him answer so many prayers, and we are excited to share with you that S has a new little brother who is now 10 days old. S welcomes his little brother, baby H!

I was concerned about how S would respond to me while I was in the hospital (I was there for 3 weeks), and he did very well! He and Michael have a special bond that has grown very strong over the past few months, and S loves his Daddy so much! Michael brought S to see me as much as possible (almost everyday!) while I was in the hospital, and we had established a little nighttime routine that included a visit with Mommy and little activities we did together at the hospital. Now we have a new routine that includes going to the hospital after bathtime to visit baby H in the NICU. (Baby H will likely be in the NICU for another few weeks or so--we hope not too long!) S has been very easy going throughout all of this, and he has done well with us and with our family members when they have helped us with him over the past few weeks. We are so blessed to have their help, as they have done so much for us! Now that I'm back home, S comes and gives me hugs, he will still lean over and relax on my shoulder while watching his movie, and he comes up and points to me and says "Mommy!" :) He still wants to take my hand and guide me to play with him, too. There are things I was concerned about related to his attachment with me being away from home, but we have not had any of these issues. Again, God has answered our prayers and we give all the credit to Him!

Here is one of our pictures as a family of 4!


I'm way behind on reading blogs, emails, etc., and I hope to catch up very soon. Thank you to those of you who have sent messages, left comments, sent messages on FB, and who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate you all more than you'll ever know!

9 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Yea for pictures of baby H! I like his little onesie too ;o)

I am thrilled to hear how well S has taken everything thus far. God does answer prayers.

Love the picture of the 4 of you!! Can you believe you have two sons?!!

Congratulations again, Carrie and Michael.

Love,
Adrienne, Jim, and Owen

markay714 said...

Congratulations. I know y'all are looking forward to all being home soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am just now checking in with everyone and I am so, so, happy for you all!!!
How beautiful he is!

JennStar said...

Congratulations to you guys!!! What a sweet little thing baby H is!!

Carey and Norman said...

Love the family photo. It made me laugh as Michael is the one in the gown (which makes it look like he had the baby). Knowing Michael, I just couldn't help but giggle a little about that one. So very glad that you are doing well, baby H is doing well and growing, and S is not experiencing any problems with attachment. So many answered prayers!!

Much love coming your way!

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad S is doing so well with all the adjustments and that your family has been so much help! Little H is a dolly!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you posted a picture of baby H for all of us to see. I'm sure you can't WAIT to get him home.

Renae, Joe and Olivia

Dede said...

Congrats! What a beautiful family. I hope Baby H is out of the NICU and home soon. Now I'm trying to figure out what boy names start with H...Howard, Harold, Henry, Houston, Horton, Hugo, Horatio, Hubert, Hank...am I even close?