Friday, February 15, 2008

Shoes for the Baby Home

Today we received the donation from the Robeez® Footwear "Heart and Sole" program that we will take when we are allowed to leave a donation at the baby home. (I think this will probably be when we pick up our little boy, but I will check to ensure we leave the donation at the allowed time!) I learned about this program last year and contacted them. They were so nice and easy to work with--all we had to do was provide information about the baby home, pay for the shipping of the shoes to our house (maybe around $20), and take them with us on our final trip. They donated 25 pairs, and the shoes are very lightweight! We are excited to make room for them in our luggage. Below is a picture of each pair:

I'm also including a few pictures of things that are in our little boy's play area in our bonus room. The table and chairs are from my Aunt and Uncle--they are very nice and came in huge boxes from PBK! There is a farm set from one of my minister's at my home church and his wife--they adopted their daughter from China in 2006 and they said it is her favorite toy! The talking dog is from my grandparents. The leap frog table is in the box is from the hostesses at our shower in Jackson! It looks like so much fun!


The green PBK Chair for our little guy was my Valentine's Day present from Michael. I would like to get his name on it (our little boy's name, not Michael's!), so I'll figure out how to remove the cover and take it to get it personalized.

This weekend Michael's sister Mary and some of our friends are hosting a baby shower for us after our church's morning service on Sunday. We are looking forward to it and so honored that she would do this for us!
d
P.S. Copies of the I-171H were apostilled and sent to our agency this week along with another form that we did proactively as it had been requested from several other families. We also received an update that our little boy is doing well!

16 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Look how cute his room looks! Owen absolutely loves his table and chairs and red comfy chair so I bet your little one will too!

I'm so glad you were able to receive an update that he's doing well. It's so comforting just to hear something, isn't it?

I'm sorry we will miss your shower this weekend. I hope you have a wonderful time and that your little boy receives lots of fun gifts! :)

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Congratulations on getting the form in so quickly!! Come on Court Date!!!

Becky and Keith said...

Those shoes are too, too precious! Did you buy a few pairs for your little guy? I love the PBK chair - that is on my list of things to buy! Have a great time at the shower - that is so sweet of them to throw one! You're sweet baby is going to be one happy kiddo when he gets home!

Ryan and Amy said...

Love the shoes - what a great idea. The room looks so cute - I love that chair and table and chairs. Very cute. Congrats on the speedy paperwork. Looking forward to hearing more!

Jane and Jim said...

His play room is adorable! He's going to love all of the toys and it's so awesome that Robeez donates all of these shoes! That's truly amazing.

Have a wonderful shower and I hope you get everything you want/need for the little man...sounds like you're well on your way!
Congrats!
Jane

John and Lee said...

Hope you have a great time at your shower. Love the pictures. When is court?!?!?!?!?
Lee

Dede said...

Great toys...he will love them! I'm sure the baby home will appreciate the shoes.

junglemama said...

The room looks great!

The Wilson's said...

Wow. The shoes are really neat. I want to look into that too. Thanks so much for sharing!

Wendy

MandyJo013078 said...

Can't wait till you get your court day! The room looks beautiful waiting for your little guy! The shoes are a great donation idea!

Troy and Rachel said...

Love the shoes and what a great idea! I'm sure the children will love them. Looks like you have everything together and are ready to go back. Hoping you hear soon.

Kim said...

That is an awesome program. I have two adopted children, Noah from Volgograd Russia and Joshua from Kazakhstan. We started a ministry (www.twoheartsforhope.blogspot.com) and just signed up for the Robeez program. We LOVE the book on your table!

Carey and Norman said...

You have made the sweetest, most adorable child's bedroom. I love the table and chair from PBK. PBK is a personal favorite of mine too! It looks like all is coming together quickly and you will be ready to fly back to Russia very soon.

Enjoy your upcoming shower!!

Carey and Norman said...

I meant to add on the Robeez too that I think that is an incredible gift. We loved the Robeez shoes and had several pairs. What a great donation!!

Sira said...

Yeah!!! Love the idea about the shoes. I am praying for a court date!

ana said...

Love the chair! You've got some great stuff for him now. The shoes are such an excellent idea. It's wonderful to know that Robeez is supportive of adoption.

Congratulations on your updated 171-H! Hope you hear about a court date VERY soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie and Michael,
Thanks to your generosity, in sharing Robeez's Heart and Sole Program, we are anticipating Robeez's delivery any day for the Vidnoye baby home! We expect (we so dearly hope) to be traveling at the end of March with Randy and Susan, through him I found your blog and your wonderful postings. God bless, and thank-you! Sally & Carlos