We Have Travel Dates! :)
It is 10 PM, and Michael and I just finished scanning in and printing copies of many of our documents! What a wild day! And...we learned this morning that we are going to Russia on December 18! YES, THIS IS NEXT TUESDAY!!! Oh, my goodness! Fortunately, my mom played travel agent and helped us get plane tickets! We will be there through Christmas Eve and will spend Christmas Day flying back home. We can't wait to meet our little fellow!
Thanks for your prayers and for the offers to help with the CPA situation. We finally got this one done in the afternoon just before we had to go to the county clerk and Secretary of State offices. Michael's mom helped us big time on this one!
We are so blessed to have family and friends willing to help in so many different ways. This weekend we have lots of packing to do, and we will be doing more documents on Monday! Crazy days! I can't usually sleep on a plane, but I don't think that will be a problem for me or Michael on Tuesday! :)
17 comments:
Boy that was quick. I guess when things come together, things just move lightning quick. I thought Russian adoptions were usually blind referrals?
Hi Kathryn-actually, I think it can go either way with the referrals. We were fortunate to receive information and very grateful for it! :)
Yeah!!! Congratulations on getting all your documents done so fast too! What a relief that must be. Just a few more days to go after all those months..oh how over the moon you must be. I'm so thrilled for you both!!
I think you guys may have set a world record with gathering all of that paperwork! :-) Congrats on your travel dates! I'm so happy for you - you'll get it all pulled together - no doubt in my mind!! :-) If I can do anything from afar, just let me know. Not sure if you're flying through Atlanta, but if you have a layover and need anything just call!!!
WOW! That was super fast. Congratulations! I'm sure your head is spinning right now. You & Michael will be in our prayers during your trip, as will you little boy. What a great Christmas present!
What a fantastic time for you guys! Good luck with all those documents, it's amazing what a little motivation will do for you! Congrats again, can't wait to hear all about your soon to be little boy!
Congratulations! We are so happy for you!
Wow! It's amazing how much stuff you will be able to get done in a week! Besides, your marriage and ministry, this will be the greatest adventure of your lives! Enjoy every minute of it!
Blessings,
Penny
I'm just de-lurking to let you both know that we will be praying for you throughout this most emotional journey. We're very very excited for you!
cm
What a perfect way to spend Christmas! Congrats and I can't wait to read about your adventures.
How exciting to receive travel dates so quickly. I know you are in a whirlwind of emotions and business preparing for travels so quickly, but I know you and Michael couldn't think of a better Christmas present than this one! I was hoping you would be able to spend Christmas day in Russia with your son, but Christmas can be celebrated any time of the year and this will allow you to have Christmas holidays with family the day after Christmas back home!
Do you have any idea of when you will be traveling for trip 2? Wouldn't it be fun if we were in Russia at the same time to bring our children home? It would be fun to be in Moscow together to register our documents before coming home. We still may use a courier, but knowing you and Michael would be in country the same time would easily change our plans!
Many Blessings!!!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to follow your journey! Try to get some rest before you leave, you will need it once you get there.
Hey Carrie ! This is Alicia Marbury.Hope you remember me.
It's been 4ever since I've talked with you but see your family from time to time.
I had come across michael's blog a while back and would check in periodically on how the church was going,etc.Then,he linked your blog.
So,I had some major catching up to do on your adoption news.He had mentioned that ya'll were going to be adopting in one of his blogs,but I didn't realize how serious it had been until I saw all your blogs.I can't tell you how fun it was to start from the beginning and read them all.God certainly has been faithful,hasn't He? I want you to know I'll be praying for you guys.I know the next week or so will be full of emotions.Meeting your son will be something I know you'll never forget !! I can hardly wait to see the pictures.I know it'll hard though to then come back to get ready for trip # 2 and the actual adoption. I pray that God will be your strength and encouragement during this time.I pray that He'll keep you focused and level headed as I'm sure more documents,etc will have to be completed once you come home.All you'll be able to think about is your child i'm sure :)
Have a wonderful safe trip and enjoy the BEST christmas present ever !!!!!!!
I can't believe you are leaving Tuesday - that is wonderful!!! It is wonderful that everyone was able to pitch in and help get all the paperwork doen and flights booked - we can't wait to hear more!!!
Michael and Carrie, Wow. The Lord has blessed you. I am so excited for you to start this phase of your journey and for you to meet your little boy. I can't wait to see pictures of here of your journey. What city are you going to? How long is your trip for? How old is your little boy? The Lord sure does amazing things.
Enjoy and congrats!!
This is just awesome! What an incredible way to spend Christmas this year. I pray everything will go smoothly and your trip to Russia will be filled with happiness and joy!
Congratz on the travel dates. Glad you got everything together.
Post a Comment