Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday's Conversation

Today I spoke with a member of the Russia team at our adoption agency. I had several questions, so I called to see if I could get them answered. Here are my questions and the answers I received:

1. If someone registered their dossier in Tver after we did (after April 23, 2007) and if their dossier had technically been in Tver before ours (prior to January 2007), would they go ahead of us in the line? She said she did not think this would happen because she thinks the government would likely go by date of registration versus date of dossier arrival in the region.

2. Would the reaccreditations of 8 agencies (this did not include our agency) this week cause the process to speed up for all regions? She said she did not think so since July and August are generally slower months due to officials taking vacation.

3. Has anyone from our agency received a recent referral to Tver? She said no one has received a referral in almost 2 months.

I also learned that they are wrapping up the audit in Tver. I guess that means IF it did have an effect on referrals, hopefully things will get going again after the audit is complete. That's about it...So what does all of this mean in regards to our referral? I'm not really sure. They originally gave us the 2-3 month wait from registration date. I guess that is still possible (we've not been told otherwise), but for the families that are now taking the registration trip, their expected wait is a little longer (by a month or so.) We are still holding out hope that we might get a call before the end of the summer. We know it will happen when it is supposed to, and we are trying to be patient in the process!
s
I do want to mention that it helps me so much to read my favorite adoption blogs during this time of waiting. It helps to know that others are "walking in our shoes" right now and truly know and understand the adoption process. I am so excited to check each blog everyday to see everyone's updates! By the way, thanks to everyone who comments on my posts. I know they are not very exciting right now, but you all have a way of encouraging me through your comments. Thank you! :)

11 comments:

Deb said...

Not sure what to make of what you learned. I hope they get done with the audit so Tver can start moving again though. I'm sure they are back logged with dossiers.
How long have they told you to expect your wait to be for a referral?

Becky and Keith said...

The summer months are so hard to gauge wait times, aren't they? Each region/judge/MOE operates on their own vacation schedules and I'm sure with this audit thrown in, things are even more uncertain! Hopefully, the audit will be done soon (do they have a date?) and accreditation will come soon so that things can flow normally (if there is such a thing!). Hang in there, I know the wait is hard!

Carey and Norman said...

I'm glad to hear that our agency still predicts a possible referral this summer for you. I can imagine that your wait has been hard and I'm glad to hear that you might still receive a referral soon. I was so excited to read that several agencies received accreditation and hope ours will soon follow. I can't wait to hear your good news in the coming months!!

Many blessings,

Carey and Norman

Ryan and Amy said...

Hello again. I also find comfort and support in reading the blogs of others adopting. I have found myself checking yours often - hoping you have received "the call". We are also assigned to Tver (dossier sent May 4) and were told the audit would not effect any adoptions. We continue to pray that CHI will be accredited soon and that this will proove a faster end to our wait. God bless and feel free to email me seperately or check out our blog.
amymaearnold@yahoo.com
www.rileyadoption.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We enjoy reading your blog and staying up to date with all the details! We can hardly wait for the arrival of our newest grandchild. Each day we pray several times for both of you and our grandchild-to-be!

Janine said...

I've been following your blog for a little while now. Thanks for sharing your story. We are in the very early stages of the paperchase for a little girl from Russia. It's so exciting and helpful to witness another family's journey through adoption. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the referral comes quickly.

Laura S said...

Just wanted to say good luck to you on your process. I too am enjoying reading other blogs, especially of the process others are going through in different countries. I am learning lots about Russia - since I stalk Becky in cyberspace and at the office :) j/k. We are adopting from Colombia so its very different.

Stover's site said...

Carrie and Michael -
we're praying for you guys - I check your site often to see if there's any updates. We added you to our prayer list in Sunday school so you've got lots of friends in Shelbyville praying for you and your precious child!

We love you!!!

Suz said...

I hope you hear some positive news soon!

It seems throughout our processes, we've had periods where the news wasn't too exciting and then in just a few days it would turn super exciting - I'm holding out hope that you get some super exciting news soon!!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Hey Guys!
Saw a link to your blog on Jim and Adreinne's page and thought I'd say "hello". We are Dan and Alicia also adopting from the same home Owen in from with CHI. We originally had our dossier in Moscow. We are SOOOOOOO glad we switched to Vlad. The reps there are incredible and we liked being further from Moscow - yucky, evil city! We pray God's bast for you guys. It is amazing how well His timing ultimately turns out and the best thing is what He can accomplish in our hearts WHILE we wait on Him. Best of Luck to you!

Brandon and Pam said...

Hi Carrie and Michael,
Just checking your blog to see if you have heard any news. I think the nursery is really cute. We have not started on ours yet, but we will soon. I have not spoken to anyone at CHI in about two weeks. We still praying for their accreditation.
Talk to you soon.

Pam Phelps