Monday, April 13, 2009

Long Overdue Posts...

Wow! It has been nearly 6 weeks since my last post. I've had a lot going on with work over the past 5 weeks and have been pretty tired at night and on the weekends. I occasionally check blog updates but am pretty behind on what is going on with everyone, too. I'm so sorry, and I'll try to do better in the coming weeks!

I actually posted 4 quick little posts below this one about S' birthay, his procedure at Vanderbilt, his Gotcha Day, and Easter. If you want to read them in order, you can start with the post on March 13 about S' birthday and then read upwards.

A little update on us...I'm at 25 weeks now and am on bedrest as of last week. I'm not sure if this is indefinite, but it is possible that it is. This is quite a challenge with a very busy 2 year old! It is very hard to stay in bed lying on my side when he is here (and not at daycare) because I want to help with him and spend time with him. We need to come up with some creative ways to spend quality time together as I rest because I want to continue to maintain the positive attachment we've developed over the past year. We are very fortunate to have our families nearby, and they have been a huge help since S came home and continue to support us in amazing ways. If you don't mind, please keep us in your prayers that the baby will develop and grow as he should, that I will be healthy with the help of bedrest, and that Michael will have patience and endurance as he has to do most everything with S. We know God is in control and trust that He will take care of things according to His perfect plan. I've been praying a lot of scriptures and realize that I have to focus on my faith, not my circumstances, as we go through the coming months.


Thanks for catching up with us! I hope your families are all doing well and hope that you have a great week!

13 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

Thanks for checking in. I have been wondering about you. Sorry to hear you are on bedrest. I can't begin to imagine doing that with a 2 year old. I will continue to pray for you.

Joy said...

I was wndering how far along you were. Keep the faith, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy

Mama Fish said...

Oh Carrie! I pray that the bedrest is swift, and that you have some time to bond with your active two year old during that time! I can only imagine how hard that is! I'm sure you thought of this, but stories and movies from your bed just snuggling...though I know it's hard to keep a two year old in one place for long.

You look wonderful by the way! Praying for health for you and the baby and endurance for Michael. :-)

ana said...

You look adorable! Sorry to hear about the bedrest. It's such a full plate to care for your son and his attachment while being pregnant.

We're doing well. It was an adjustment, but Baby Claire has brought even more love into our family and Eli has responded to that. He loves his baby sister and tries to play with her, even though she's only 4 months old!

Praying for your family.

The Felkins said...

He is such a cutie!!! I love reading about what is going on with you and your family.

Jenny and Randy said...

I am so sorry to hear you are having some complications, Carrie, and will continue to keep you and Baby in our prayers. I'm glad God has reminded you of Deuteronomy 31:8 during this time -- what a reassuring promise.

I enjoyed all the new updates and photos of your adorable little man that you posted, and especially the book you made for him. It reminds me so much of the one we made for our little guy when he was about that age. Will also continue to pray for S. and his caloric intake.

Craig and Phyllis said...

We will be praying for your family. I was never on bedrest, but was extremely sick with Brooke and our another baby, having to be hospitalized and on IV's at home. If I did anything, I was back in the hospital with the hyperemesis. The Lord taught me some things during that time. I had to remember that God loves my children perfectly, so I needed to trust that He would provide for them when I could not. We are praying!

Troy and Rachel said...

We'll be praying for you. I was so glad to see an update. It looks like S had fun Easter egg hunting and had a great birthday too. I hope they can find out what's cauding him not to eat too many calories yet.

Hang in there and update when you can.

Suz said...

I will keep you in my prayers over the next few months. I know it's got to be so difficult!

Carey and Norman said...

I am so glad to see an update. Sorry to hear that you have been placed on bedrest. You are in my prayers!! You finally look pregnant in the picture (you were still not showing when we all met at Bounce U).

As for what to do on bedrest, I would try to maneuver the couch where you could play and work with S from the couch on a coffee table or something. This would allow you to be there near him while he colored, etc. You could still rub on him and touch him as he plays and he can still seek you easily for support and encouragement. Just a thought. Who knows...maybe couch is not the same as bedrest.

We will be thinking of you. Don't hesitate to call us if you need anything!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Carrie,
You Do look adorable! I have not checked the blogs as often, but I am so happy to see you all doing well. I am sorry you have to be on bedrest. S is such a cutie - I am praying for all of your health. Enjoy the Spring! Teresa

Dana and Scott said...

Gosh Carrie, been following S for awhile (we have an adopted son also) and I am now pregnant. I really hope and pray things progress for you in a positive manner. The last few posts have been great to read.

Chris said...

We are praying that your pregnancy is progressing nicely, and for strength for Michael as he cares for S.

Best wishes!