Gotcha Day Anniversary!
We celebrated S' Gotcha Day Anniversary on April 4! We had all of our family over (who live locally) and ate spaghetti (no, not Russian food, but one food S will normally eat a little) and strawberry cake! I got out pictures that we had from our trips and the electronic scrapbooks I've put together for him so far. We also watched his Gotcha Day video, which our family enjoyed as they had never seen it. We had a fun time celebrating! It is so hard to believe that we've only had him for one year, as it seems like so much longer, while at the same time, I remember so many details of our Russia trips, that it also seems like yesterday! :) We are so blessed to have this little boy as our son!
Gotcha Day 1 Year Anniversary
I wrote him a book, something I've been meaning to do forever, using one of the electronic scrapbook formats. My goal is for us to read this to him everyday if possible so that he understands his story. It is very basic, but I felt this was appropriate since he is so little right now. I'll post the link to it for a couple of days, if you are interested in seeing it: LINK REMOVED (please email me if you are interested in seeing the book.)
As I've reflected on Gotcha Day, God has reminded me of a verse that I often prayed while on our 2 trips. "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8) There were so many times during the wait and during our trips that we were so overwhelmed, but God knew exactly what was happening and reminded us of this promise. All of the uncertainty and craziness was definitely worth it!
9 comments:
Happy Gotcha Day! The book is so cute. What a neat idea.
Congratulations on 1 year! Our anniversary is tomorrow!
I LOVE that book! It is so sweet! Happy Gotcha Day to all of you!
Happy Gotcha Day! I love the book. I'm still trying to get our adoption blog converted.
That is the verse you shared with us when we had to go back for a second day in court! I think I wrote to you about how that verse brought such comfort to us and the timing was perfect.
Happy Belated Gotcha Day!
I love the book! I shouldn't have looked at it here at work. I have tears in the corners of my eyes. Thank you for sharing this special book with all of us!
Best wishes & hugs,
Karyn
Happy Gotcha Day. I feel the same way about time. Some days I feel like it was just yesterday and other days it feels like our little one has been with us forever.
Cute photos. Thanks for sharing your link to a lifebook. Trying to get motivated to do one myself!!
Thanks for sharing your book. I loved it. I like how you kept it simple while telling your story. Maybe I do need to get going on this project. I guess I was making it out to be much harder than it needed to be. Thanks for sharing your story and book!!
Such a sweet book, Carrie! A great way to tell Silas his special story!
Post a Comment