Home!
We got home Saturday night around 10 PM after traveling for about 22 hours! The flight from Moscow to New York took over 10 hours. The first 2 hours were pretty interesting! In that time, S was very restless, and he threw up (not just spit up this time!) and was so active that his diaper leaked onto him and me! After all of this, he fell asleep for about 3 hours. We knew he was tired, as the sleeping Friday night had been very difficult. Then, for the last 5 hours, he was VERY active and towards the end of the flight, he grew very tired again. We (along with the people around us, I'm sure) were very glad to land in New York! :) He immediately fell asleep in the Baby Bjorn once we got to immigrations at the airport and stayed asleep until our next flight. Once we were on the next flight, he played for a few minutes and then fell asleep for the last 2 hours of the flight. When we arrived at the airport, we were greeted by our family and several of our good friends, and it was wonderful to see everyone! We appreciated them being there so much!
o
Saturday night, we did not get very much rest. On Sunday morning, Michael went to church, and S and I stayed home. He took a morning nap, and then our family members came over for a few hours to visit him. Yesterday afternoon was pretty rough, as he was extremely tired and really fought going to sleep. Finally, we all settled down about 5 PM intending to take a nap but ended up all sleeping until the morning. (We gave S a bottle later in the evening and changed his diaper, but he pretty much stayed asleep.) We were grateful for a good night's rest!
o
This morning, Michael started back to work, and S and Mommy played for several hours before he took a 3 hour nap. Then, he ate lunch, and now we are playing. He is playing with stacking cups, his lego wagon, and a few other toys, and I decided to do a quick post while he is playing next to me. I'm including a few pictures below from the past few days.
S asleep on the long flight:
S playing on the long flight:
Landing at JFK: S becomes a U.S. Citizen!
S helps Mommy unpack and falls into the suitcase! :)




32 comments:
Welcome home! Your son is adorable. Can't wait to read about the next phase of your lives.
Congratulations!
~Patti
Welcome Home! Loved reading about your flight (brought back memories of my 1st two). S is a cutie; loved the photos of him in the suitcase and him sleeping. Enjoy this time with your son.
I almost laughed out loud when reading about your plane trip. What must it be like to fly with a one year old?!? I am so glad you are home! Can't wait to see you!
Love the photo of S at the moment he became an American! Praise God for this moment: he is your son, he is an American, and you are all HOME together! What an incredible thing!
WELCOME HOME! My thoughts were with you constantly on Friday night. I was just imagining what it was like to walk from the plane to waiting family--with a new family member! I'm so sure it was such a sweet & memorable experience. I wish I could have been there!
It sounds like S kept you busy while traveling but I'm glad he slept some. Overall, it sounds like the trip went pretty well. I hope you brought an extra set of clothes to change into (for S too) after he threw up on you--plus plastic bags. I guess you have been initiated into mommy-hood!
Please let me know if you come this way. I would love to meet little S and hear all about your experiences in Russia!
Oops. You came home Saturday night...I did know that. Sorry I messed up the days. I WAS thinking of you then but I have constantly been thinking of all of the wonderful firsts you've gotten to experience over the past (almost) month!
:0)
I am so glad you made it back safely. I know how exhausting those flights are. I can wait to hear more stories and see more pictures of him in his new home!
You survived the long flight home! Its all done! Yeah! Congrats and best wishes to your new family!
Welcome home! Glad you are all home safely. Best wishes.
Welcome home!! I bet you LOVE your bed right about now! :-) I'm glad your flight was fairly uneventful - as uneventful as it can be with a little guy! Enjoy your time at home and get some rest!
Welcome home! He looks so cute with his paci. We're big fans of the Mam pacis at our house, too.
Sounds like you are very happy to be home. So glad you all made it home safely. He is such a doll. Those first days were the most difficult for all of us, I hope you find time to relax and rest.
Glad you made it home safely. That long flight home is rough! Sounds like little S is a trooper, and SO CUTE!
YAY!! Welcome home!! Love that S helped you unpack - that picture is adorable. Sounds like the flights went well. We fully expect to make a few people crazy on the way home with a restless child as well. Glad you are back safe!
I think S did great on the plane! :) My husband and I were coming back from trip one and noticed you were sitting a few rows behind us. I felt weird saying hi when I recognized you and figured you would appreciate your privacy and space.
It is a small world after all! :)
Erica
PS He is a real cutie too!
Just think...if you can survive traveling with a 1-year old in a different country and 22 hours on a plane, you can do anything! Welcome home and hope you are able to get some much needed rest and bonding time.
Welcome home!! I'm glad you guys made it back safe and sound and with your new little guy - sooo fun!
He's so totally beautiful - you are indeed blessed.
Welcome home!!! We are so happy for you! Can't wait to meet sweet little S!
Glad you made it home safely. Congrats to our newest citizen!
He is so cute! I'm so glad that you guys were able to come home safely. Welcome Home! How long do you get to stay home with little S? I'm so happy for you guys! Keep us posted with what is going on and make sure you sleep when he sleeps so you don't get to run down! Remember to drink lots of water! Have a great day and thanks for sharing!
We had a similar experience on the plane with Owen's diaper! He peed all over me and Jim and himself, and we had to laugh as Jim tried to catch it! Still makes me laugh now thinking about it. I know you must be so glad to be home. It's great you all were able to sleep at the same time for such a long period of time!! I hope this helps you adjust to the time difference more easily than we did. LOVE the photos! Hope you are having a great day with S today!
Glad your home. Love the pictures. S is adorable. I cannot wait to meet him in person!
praying for you guys as you settle in and get used to being a family at home!!! we're so excited for you!
So glad you and Michael and S made it home safe and sound. The pictures are great. Keep posting them. Hope to meet S soon! Please call if you come to Jackson! Again, congratulations on your new family!
Billy and Erica
He's such a cutie - congratulations!
Hi there...this is Mindy (Ray & Lynn Brinley's daughter from Hopewell). My Mom passed on your blog site so my boys could follow your adoption story. We are all just so happy and excited for you! Thanks for being open to share this time with others. We have a homeschooling family here who adopted their oldest son from Russia, then had two sons homegrown (as they say), then adopted a boy from China and just got a baby girl from Guatemala! It has been a joy and learning experience to watch all of it unfold. Tom and I definitely have a heart for oversees adoption and love to dream about how God may open those doors for us someday! I giggled when you spoke of S throwing up on the airplane...not because I'm glad that happened to you, but because our oldest, Garrison, did that on a flight when he was a lil' guy. Praise God we had been moved to first class! I couldn't help but laugh thinking that all the good and yucky is now yours...welcome to parenthood! hee hee Seriously, the lessons it teaches you about your relationship to The Father will astound you. I'm so thankful to Him for opening up this door for you and giving you such an incredible gift! May God bless you three and keep you and make His face to shine upon you all the days of your life...in Jesus' name!
Mindy
http://lifewithmy3sonz.blogspot.com/
Welcome home! Loved hearing about the flight, I think it is an initiation that every adoptive parent needs to go through! Hope your getting settled and all is going well.
Welcome Home!!! It must feel so great to be home!! Those pictures are so precious - He is just so cute! Congratulations, again!!!
Teresa
I am so happy for you guys, and I am praying for you as you adjust to your new family life. He is just precious! I'm glad to see he's already "breaking you in" during such a long flight and with the diaper incident. All the rest should be easy, right?! =)
Congrats, and Many Blessings!
Ellen Grant
Oh girl- I had 9 hrs from Vlad to Moscow, 10 to NY and 2 to Myrtle Beach!!! I know your pain, but you will never see those people again and that beautiful baby is home.
Congratulations! We still have that flight ahead of us this Sat. :-0; we'll take your positive attitudes as inspiration. All the best--Silas is a beautiful boy. Sally & Carlos
sallyandcarlos@yahoo.com
Ok, too funny! I have been reading your blog for a while and I thought I would check in and see if you were home because I knew you were traveling at the same time as us...we were at the Embassy at the same time and I never would have put it together except your husbands Tarheels shirt...You look nothing like that pic on your blog...your much smaller in person! I think you both spent some time talking to my husband!!! I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you now, I was so busy keeping Ellie busy!!!!
Anyway, Welcome home!
Post a Comment