Monday, April 7, 2008

A Busy Boy!!

We are excited to have a very, very busy one year old! He loves to play, play, play! He loves all of his toys but especially favors all of his cups! He also loves the plastic tops of Gerber foods, too! He has kept us going nonstop since we picked him up on Friday, and it has been great! He loves to pull up on things in our room, crawl around, and put everything in his mouth! He took a few steps (about 3-4) several times today, which made us so happy! He says “dadadada” and started saying “mamama” yesterday. We know that he probably does not realize what he is saying, but we are glad he is babbling so much. He is very animated and makes a lot of noise especially when we are in the hotel room with just us together.

Yesterday, he did not feel very well, so it was quite a day. But today, he seemed to feel a lot better. He has slept through most of the night the past 2 nights. We feel like much of our time during the day is spent feeding him, and this is fine with us as we know he needs to get bigger.

We did not have any “official” appointments the past 2 days besides Michael signing a document for his passport today (an appointment here at the hotel), so we spent most of our time hanging out in the hotel room. We went out for a little while yesterday to the supermarket and to KFC and went to Baskin Robbins (S had a tiny bit of chocolate ice cream!) with our friends the Powells and also to the pharmacy today. Each time we leave the hotel, he rides in the baby carrier and gets very quiet as he checks out what is going on around us outside.

We feel like he is starting to recognize us and bond with us. He comes to us with his arms outstretched and seems to realize who we are when one of us comes and goes from the room. We hope this time together is helping with attachment and that he understands that we are his parents and that we love him very much.

Tomorrow is our last full day in Tver, and we look forward to spending more time playing and getting packed for our return to Moscow! I'll leave you with a few pictures from the past 2 days...



20 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

He is SUCH a cutie! I love the picture of S and Micheal on the bed. How adorable - he certainly seems to be a happy little guy. Our hotel stays seemed to make our kids seem more busy than typical - so many new things in such a small space. Congrats again - you make such a beautiful family!

Jennifer said...

I was so excited to see a new post from you guys!! Love it, love it, love it! He looks precious!

Jane said...

What a beautiful family you all make. Sounds like things are going really well. I'll bet you guys are excited to get home. Congrats again and I look forward to more updates.

Corey and Melody Cain said...

Thanks for sharing these special first pictures of you all as a family! I love them! He is such a beautiful little boy!

Anonymous said...

What a great looking family!!
Joslyn

Amy said...

So happy that things are going well for you. Keep the pictures coming...he is adorable. Congratulations again.

ana said...

What wonderful pictures! It's great that you've had some time just to be with him. It sounds like he's doing so well! We're so happy for you! Enjoy your last day in Tver.

Anonymous said...

He is sooo Cute, I cant wait for you all to get home and finally meet the little guy!! Have safe trips and we will see you this weekend! Megan and Kyle

Dede said...

Sounds like everything is going well. He is adorable!

Troy and Rachel said...

What a cutie pie~!! You guys make an awesome family - hope to see you soon.

glenna marshall said...

He looks SO happy!!

MandyJo013078 said...

He's just so cute! I'm glad to hear you are bonding and having a great time with your new little man! Congrats! I love his little smile - it's just like he beams with excitement. Can't wait to hear more about your journey.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect smile! It looks like he's as silly as his daddy and as cute as his mommy! love...Mary

Anonymous said...

Wow, is that a proud daddy or what! That is so awesome that he's bonding to you both. You guys look like you are so happy and just having a blast with your boy! He is such a cutie!

Kevin T. said...

You are all such a beautiful family! Those are such cute pictures. It looks like he Definitely already knows who his parents are!! Best wishes! Teresa

Sira said...

He is just beautiful- you all look so very happy!

Coby & Brandy said...

I can see your boy and Neil wrestling and running all over the yard together!! Their energy level looks so alike!! Can't wait to see you guys! Any update on your return home date??

Janine said...

He is so cute!! What a great time you are all having together and it sounds like the transition went so easy!! This is great! I'm hoping we have an easy transition too! His smile makes me smile too! Thanks for sharing him with us all!

Fred said...

Guys, I'm tearing up reading your posts. I am so happy for you. It's already clear that you guys are phenomenal parents. Congrats!

Carey and Norman said...

Michael is a hoot. Love the pictures. I am anxious to hear of your journey home. I know you are ready.

Safe travels!