Wednesday, March 19, 2008

First Full Day in Tver

We got to Tver yesterday afternoon after getting to Moscow about 10 AM in the morning. The drive from Moscow to Tver is about 2 hours. Neither one of us really slept on the plane, so we enjoyed being able to take a nap once we arrived! :) Then, ordered a pizza (even Michael liked it!), prepared for today, and went to bed early. This morning we did our 8 doctor medical appointments which took from about 8:30 until 3:30. We think we passed because no one said otherwise! :) Tomorrow morning we will go visit our little boy. We are looking forward to seeing him, and we look forward to seeing him open his first birthday gifts! (His birthday took place in the last few weeks, and we will have a party for him once he gets home!) Thanks to everyone for your encouraging comments, emails, and prayers! We will post again tomorrow after our visit with him!

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad you made it and so glad Michael liked the pizza!

Corey and Melody Cain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane said...

Congrats on making it! Have fun with your little boy and happy (belated) birthday to him!

John and Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you arrived safely and everything is going well. Enjoy this journey of a lifetime...it is an amazing experience! Can't wait to hear all about it!

the Horvaths said...

That was a long day at the clinic... no news is good news? I am sure you passed. Have a wonderful reunion with your son.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Yea! You're there! Doesn't it feel great knowing you're so close to your son again? I love that you took birthday presents for him to open. Can't wait to see those pictures!! I know you can't wait to see him again.

JennyM said...

I've been praying you there everytime I think about you. :0) So glad the 8 doctor medical was no problem--I'm sure you're so excited to see your little boy again. I can just imagine the anticipation.

Please post as often as you can. I can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it GREAT to know that this time you are not leaving without him?! Cherish every minute of this! I'm so happy for the both of you.

Renae and Joe

Ani said...

so glad you made it over safe and sound. can't wait for tomorrow's post!

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you are there safe and sound. I know you are anxious to see your little man and we can't wait to hear about it!

ana said...

It's so wonderful that you'll be seeing your son very soon!

Russian Adoption Chronicles said...

Glad you made it! Will keep you in our prayers.

Allison said...

Glad to hear you made it. I can't wait to hear about your visit with him!
A very happy belated birthday to your little one!

Mary and Michael said...

Have a wonderful visit with your little guy tomorrow. Can't wait to hear more.

Ryan and Amy said...

Glad you made it and are safe. Cannot wait to hear that you have reunited with your son.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it and everything has gone smoothly so far! Have a wonderful reunion and birthday celebration with your little guy! Our son also had his birthday between our two trips -- I know that had to have been a difficult day for you at home without him, but very soon you will be together for all the milestones and celebrations to come.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got there safe! I am so excited for you 2. I looked forward to meeting the little one! With Love, your cousin Lori.

Kevin T. said...

Hi! Happy Belated Birthday, to your little one!! Glad you are on your way to seeing him again and on your journey to finally bringing him home!! Warmest wishes...Teresa