Day 6 in Tver ("Major Court!")
This morning, we slept a little late since we did not have anything until the afternoon. The day seemed to take forever! We watched 5 episodes of a t.v. show on DVD to try to distract us, but it seemed like we waited forever! Finally, we were picked up about 2:30 p.m. and headed to court. As soon as we arrived, they invited us into the courtroom. After about an hour and a half, the judge had made her decision. She approved us to adopt our little boy! We were very happy, and everyone in the courtroom was smiling. We are so excited and praise God for what He has done to bring us together with our sweet boy! Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! The judge enforced the 10 day waiting period (which has become standard in our region), but we will get to visit him tomorrow and finally tell him for sure that we will be his “Mama” and “Papa!”
Now, we are off to the local KFC to celebrate this wonderful news! :)
49 comments:
Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!!
Lorie
Mo
Adopted 2 Gorgeous boys from Novosibirsk through CHI in April 2006.
Congratulations! YEAH!! I'm so glad it went well. Have a blast!
Kristin, Jim and Klaire
Congratulations!!! Now you can relax and celebrate!! This day must seem so surreal!! Best wishes always, Teresa
Carrie & Michael-
I'm so happy for you! Congrats! That is wonderful! I can't wait to hear all about your little man and get to see pictures! WHOO HOO! That is just wonderful! I am praying for you!
MJ
Hooray!! Congratulations!!! I was praying for you at 7 this morning :)
Can't wait for you to bring that little guy home!
Love,
Becca
CONGRATULATIONS! There was never any doubt you would be mama and papa! Go crazy at KFC and get extra mashed potatoes! :-) I am SO very excited for you guys and cannot WAIT to see pictures! Hugs!!
Yeah!!! What wonderful news! I knew that they would recognize what wonderful parents you two will be! Congratulations! We can't wait to see pictures of you all three together! Love and prayers!
Melody
Congratulations Mom and Dad! This is wonderful news, have fun celebrating!
Congrats! That is wonderful news. So glad it went great. Enjoy your KFC!
Congratulations on becoming a family! You must be floating on air! We're so happy for you that all went well with court. Here's hoping the 10 days goes by quickly so your little guy can be with you for always!
Did Michael sing some Oakland boys to win them over?!? Oh, I wish I could have been there. I must echo Melody that they know good parents when they see them! Congratulations!
A HUGE Congratulations!!! How exciting!! (by the way, I apologize for not answering your email before you left...we were out of town & I didn't get it till it was too late)
I hope you enjoy the next 10 days!!
We couldn't be happier for both of you. Now the most challenging but rewarding part really begins! You both will make such wonderful parents. Can't wait to meet him face to face!!
Love,
Billy and Erica
Congratulations, Mom and Dad! You look so happy in that picture, and we are so happy for you!
Congratulations!!! Will you be staying in Tver the 10-day waiting period or making a 3rd trip.
Yeaaaah! CONGRATULATIONS! you HAVE to be soooo relieved. I'm so happy for the both of you and can't WAIT to see pictures!
Renae and Joe
Yippee!! Congratulations! Enjoy the next 10 days as a couple and cherish your time in Russia. You'll be home with your sweet boy before you know it!!! Can't wait to see you 3!
congratulations!! I am so so happy for you and for your little boy--what a lucky kid to be blessed with you guys as Mama and Papa!! Yippee!!
Joslyn
Congratulations to all three of you! Robert and I are so happy for you! We can't wait to meet your little angel.
Congratulations! You two looked great in your picture, and so happy. Enjoy the rest of your time in Tver, now you can relax!
Yay! GOD BLESS YOU and your Precious SON! So happy for you! God is so Good!
Congrats, mom and dad!
congratulations!!! Relax & enjoy!
It's a boy!!! Hope to see you all in Moscow--we'll be at the same hotel (I think) March 29 - April 1 for Trip 2. So many heartfelt congratulations to you both. Sally & Carlos
Congratulations~~what a lucky little boy!!! You all look so happy!
Carrie and Michael,
We are so excited and cannot wait until you all get home!! Mary is looking forward to seeing her cousin. We have been working on his name.
Jonathan, Erica and Mary
Congratulations & God Bless your new family! We are so happy for all 3 of you!
Karyn, Norm & Baby C
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!! How happy you both look in front of the court house! I can't wait to see photos of your little one!!
Congratulations mommy and daddy! Chicken must be the celebratory adoption meal in Russia. Seems a lot of us have gone straight to each chicken after court!
HOORAY!!!! We love you all - can't wait to meet your son!
Love, Sherri (and Billy and Jacob)
Gavin is very excited to meet his new little buddy. We are all excited for you both and can't wait for all of you to get back. Peace had two very exciting events this week and yours topped the charts.
Nick, Heather and Gavin
That is so awesome! I cant wait to meet the little slugger!! Hope you enjoyed your chicken, cant wait to hear more! What a week for Peace!!
You are going to great parents! Best wishes!!!! I love you!!!!
Sandra
Congrats Mom & Dad! Rest up for the next 10 days and get ready for your new life!
Congratulations!! I was really hoping you would not be able to meet up with us this weekend b/c the judge surprised you with waiving the 10 days. But I definetly look forward to seeing you guys in Moscow!
Congratulations!! We are excited for you guys...almost there! We'll continue praying...love the updates!
The Snow's
SO happy for you guys. CONGRATS!!
Congratulations? Have fun celebrating! If you are staying at the Osnabruck the Snitzhel(sp?) is very good. If you are staying in region for the 10 day, the open ice rink down the road from the Osnabruck only costs something like $5.00 to rent skates.
I'm SO excited for you guys!!! Congratulations, Mom and Dad!! Praying those ten days fly by so you can bring him home!
What an awesome post to read!!! Congratulations on becoming a "forever family"!!!!!
Praise God!! To be able to take a deep breath and know your time is here and he is yours!! What a blessing! Enjoy your time in Moscow...rest and enjoy the things to see!!! Carrie, I bet you are smiling from ear to ear! Michael, I bet you are just thinking of all the first's you will have with your son! Enjoy your time together and we can't wait to see you all very soon!
Carrie & Michael:
CONGRATULATIONS "Mom & Dad"!!!!
Michele & I are SOO VERY Happy for you!!! We were Hoping & Praying that you wouldn't have to go through the "troubles" that we did there! We hope your remaining time there goes QUICK and you come home SOON!! You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Gregg & Michele
CONGRATULATIONS!
Yay! Praise God! We are so excited for you! We'll be praying you survive the 10 day waiting period.:) Try to enjoy your last few days alone together, it won't happen again for 18 years!;)
Blessings,
Penny
CONGRATZ!!!!! So happy to see the newly proclaimed mommy & daddy (you already were in my mind).
I think it is so funny that your celebratory dinner is KFC.
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!
Congratulations. I am so happy that everything went well; hope the next 10 days go by quickly for you.
Congrats! I'm very happy to see your new family! Enjoy the 10 days as a time to bond even more with your son. It will make the long trip home that much easier.
God Bless!
Congratulations! How old is your little boy! Can't wait till you come home!
Post a Comment