Saturday, March 15, 2008

36 Hours Until Take Off and Counting Down...

As of tonight, we've packed our little boy's (BIG) suitcase, all of our documents into a carry-on bag, and a medium-sized suitcase which contains our food and other things our little boy will need. Our other carry-on bags have been started, and my clothes are packed. Tomorrow after church, we will finish our packing and run our last minute errands. We also have to send our taxes off, too! The last few days have been crazy, and gathering our remaining documents was not an easy task. But God is faithful, and He helped clear obstacles along the way, while He also taught us lessons about being patient and trusting Him to help us get things done! We're so grateful to now be in the homestretch before our final trip and so excited that we will get to see our little one in just a few days!

Below are a few pictures of our little boy's nursery. As I walked into his room this morning, I was so excited as I realized that this time next month, he will be able to sleep in the crib that has been put together in the room since last April (11 months ago!) and rock with us in the chair that has sat in the corner since last Spring! As I look back, it seemed during the process that it took us so long for us to get here, but suddenly it doesn't seem like that long ago that we began our adoption journey. We are so excited for it to end in a few days with a new beginning of adding our little boy to our family!


16 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

The room looks GREAT! I love the colors - it's so warm and cozy! Safe travels! We can't wait to hear about court and finally get to see pictures! :-)

Ani said...

its a beautiful nursery. now go get that boy!!!!
safe travels.

Deb said...

Glad that all the last minute details have come together. I'm looking forward to hearing those wonderful words that court is done and you are mommy & daddy.

Praying for safe flights.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh the nursery looks beautiful, Carrie! Isn't it amazing how God takes the pain of waiting away when you finally reach this point in the process and know you're bringing your baby home? We're looking forward to hearing all about your trip and your reunion with your son, and we can't wait to meet him!

Are you going to be up for greeters at the airport when you return? We met Carey and Norman this past week, and it was so sweet seeing the 4 of them together. You may not decide this until you have your son...just let us know! :)

John and Lee said...

I pray for your safe journey. May Silas be well and court go quickly. Can't wait to hear how things are going!!
Lee

Jane and Jim said...

It's such a beautiful, beautiful room - I just know he'll be so happy sleeping and rocking there. Congrats! I'm SO excited for you to bring him home and can't wait to see pics!

Jennifer said...

Oh, every day when I check your blog I anticipate seeing something new. When I clicked on your blog today my heart just skipped a beat. Everything seems so real! I can't believe you are going to get your little boy! We are so excited for you guys! We'll be praying for you!

Alicia Beth said...

How exciting that the next time you walk in there it'll be to check on your little boy :) I pray God's continued blessing on you as you travel to pick up your son.I pray that you will continue to bond with him as his parents.I pray for no fear/anxiety on his part. I pray for all the legal "technicalities" to be done smoothly.Be careful and have a GREAT trip !!!!

Suz said...

Oh the room looks awesome! Just waiting for a little boy to fill that crib!

Just wait till you're strapped into the seatbelt of the plane - then you can exhale and be on your way!

I'm so excited for you!!

Lori said...

We are probably stying at the Renaissance in Moscow???? Maybe we will see you there? I will definitely email you for sure! Have a great flight...see you across the pond:0)

Mary and Michael said...

The room is beautiful, Carrie. Can't wait to read that court is finally behind you and you are parents. How exciting! Have a safe trip.

Jane said...

His room is just beautiful. It will be even better with your little guy standing up in his crib with his arms out stretched to his Mama! It won't be long now.

Chris said...

Wishing you a fabulous trip! I can't wait to read about your reunion with your son!

Godspeed!

Carrie said...

I am so excited about your trip. I can't put into words the joy and emotion that you are entering into but it is wonderful. These are memories you will always treasure.

Your nursery looks great.

I can't wait to see your sweet baby!!

Shane & Marie said...

I love his nursery. I can't wait to see pictures of him in there.

Joy said...

The room is perfect. I bet that you are so excited.
You are in my prayers.
Joy