Sunday, February 3, 2008

Our First Baby Shower

On Saturday we had our first baby shower. It was given in my hometown of Jackson by my sister-in-law, two of my best friends from home, and four of my friend's moms. It was very nice, and it was wonderful to see so many people from home! We had about 30 people come, which completely amazed me considering it has been eight years since I moved away. Everyone came and stayed for most of the time, and it was great to catch up with them and hear what is going on with their families. They were so generous, and we were given a lot of very nice things for our little boy! Jenny Martin got to come, too, and I enjoyed seeing pictures of their trip and of her girls! Below are a few pictures from the shower. Notice the cute diaper cake in the center of the table made my my SIL and her mom! (There were pictures of our little one on the table, and I had to cover them!)

A picture with the shower hostesses and my mom and mother-in-law (standing from L to R: Erica (my SIL), Becca, Lindsey, Mrs. Kay, Mrs. Ramona; sitting: my MIL, me, my mom)

Next, is another picture with my SIL and good friends with my "Expecting from Russia" shirt that my friend Mandi, who is also adopting from Tver, sent to me


We had a really good weekend with the shower yesterday, church this morning, and watching the Super Bowl at Brandy and Coby Ginsburg's house. We went to the Ginsburg's house tonight, along with a few of their good friends, and had a great time hanging out and catching up on their adoption updates! We look forward to hearing more about their referral!

Update on our paperwork: This past week we were able to get our fingerprints redone. Now, we are waiting for a new I-171H with an updated fingerprint expiration date. The Memphis CIS office said would take 6 weeks to get it. I've contacted a state senator and will try to see if they can help us with getting it sooner, to avoid this creating an issue with our court date. CHI wants us to have the CIS fingerprint receipt apostilled and sent to Tver(just to show the judge they are up to date), so we will take care of it this week. In addition, the apostilled document from Illinois finally arrived on Friday. We will send both documents to St. Louis this week.

10 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

What a fun shower. I loved the diaper cake. I am glad so many friends were able to come to your shower.

I'm glad you got your fingerprint update and I hope that you can get your updated I-171H soon. It is so hard when you are ready to go back to your child to be held up by paperwork. I know that God's time isn't our own, but a mother does not like to be away from her child!!

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Unknown said...

Carrie & Michael, I am so happy for you. Sorry I missed the shower! I, too, was opening a new chapter in my life - moving into my new house. I look forward to seeing even more pictures and to see you soon with that precious little boy in your arms in the States!! God bless you! I love you!!!!!!
Sandra

Sira said...

FUN! I really hope that I-171H comes soon. Good for you contacting the Senator

Ryan and Amy said...

What a nice shower, you are obviously loved. The cake was adorable. Glad you had fun with Ginsburgs and looking forward to hearing more about Tver news :)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

YEA! A baby shower! Looks like you had a wonderful shower. :)

Oh, I hope you're able to get the I-171H updated quickly so you can get back to your sweet boy soon! I agree with Sira, good for you for contacting the senator!

Can't wait to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Looks like you got a lot of great things for your boy (and for you to enjoy!) Beautiful cake too! Always look forward to your posts.

denise

Anonymous said...

Contacting the senator does help. We needed to get an updated I-171H with a signature (first time) and had no way to contact anyone at the Homeland Security office. After we contacted the senator, I got a phone call from the Memphis office and was able to pick up a signed copy shortly afterwards. The paperwork NEVER ends does it??? :0)

JennyM

Troy and Rachel said...

Glad you had such a nice shower and got lots of fun goodies!! We also need to get our fingerprints redone and I am not looking forward to waiting for the I171 to come back.

Allison said...

It looks like your shower was wonderful! I love the cake!
I hope your 171 comes soon and doesn't hold you up; I know how frustrating waiting for that piece of paper can be.

Shane & Marie said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time at your shower. That is great news about your I171-H.