Update from the Past Week
Over the past week, we've worked on a few documents that were requested by the judge in our region or requested by CHI based on the fact they think the judge will want these items. We had to do a medical addendum and median state income letter and get verification of licensure letters for our doctor and psychiatrist, verification of licensure for the CPA who signed off on our financial summary and the CPA who signed off on our taxes, and verification of certification for our psychiatrist.
Last week we had blood tests and chest x-rays done for our medical addendum. Our lab results should be in by tomorrow, and our doctor said she could complete the medical addendum on Wednesday. Our social worker said the median state income letter is in the mail. Michael picked up the letters from the TN state medical board today and will pick up the CPA letters from the state accounting board tomorrow. We also spoke with the ABPN today, and they said they would work quickly to get the verification letter back to us. (We overnighted them the request forms and sent a Fedex envelope for them to send the letter back to us.) In addition, our fingerprints expire on February 8, so we are sending a request to CIS tomorrow for refingerprinting.
Getting these documents completed has been our focus over the past week. Praise the Lord that He has opened doors for all of these and allowed people to feel a sense of urgency about getting these things completed. It has been much easier than we anticipated! Those prayers are working!! :) We still have not heard back "officially" from the judge regarding the 48 documents that we hand-carried to Tver on trip #1. Hopefully, she will not request too many updates. But if she does, we will be ready to get them done!
I made another trip to Baby Gap this weekend and bought a few more little shirts and a cute toboggan! My sister also helped us by picking up another toboggan that we wanted, too. She also sent us a box of cute clothes and shoes that were her little boy's when he was smaller. She sent her Baby Bjorn, too, since her kids are both too big for it. We are very grateful for it and look forward to using it once we get our little man!
We were able to meet up last Tuesday with some friends who we met in our CHI adoption classes. They submitted their dossier within 1 week of ours in January and are waiting on a referral from Kaliningrad. With CHI becoming accredited in December, we are praying they will hear good news very soon!
I think that is all we have to update right now. We are missing our little boy a lot and continue to pray that we can return soon for our court date! As we've seen up until now, God's timing is perfect, and He knows exactly what He is doing! We will keep trusting in Him that He will take us back to Russia when He is ready for us to go!
11 comments:
Things are moving!!!! Keep the Faith!
Sounds like you two are doing everything right and I am so glad that the paperwork requirements are coming together so quickly. I know you are so anxious to return to your son. Hang in there!
Wow, you guys have been busy! Now you just need the phone to ring with a courtdate and you will be set to go.
You have such a great, positive attitude - Keep it up!
I'm so glad your paperwork is coming together. I know you are probably exhausted by now with all the new requirements, but you've handled them with grace and patience. I hope you receive a court date soon. I know you are ready to bring your son home!!
You've been very busy. You have such strong faith. Praying your court date is received soon.
So glad to hear you're staying positive...praing for you!
Oh my, it's been a while since I've been able to check blogs and I am so thrilled for you!!
Gosh, it seems to have happened so quickly! God is so good.
I'm so glad everything is coming together. I hope you'll get some kind of timeline or idea when you'll get your court date soon! You'll have to post more pics of your Baby Gap purchases! I love little boy clothes!
Wow, everything is moving quickly, and that's great! I know you must miss your little guy so much, I really hope you get to return soon and that the judge doesn't require many more documents (if any!). Can't wait to see your baby boy in all of his new clothes and hats! I love hats on babies! We're looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Wow, that is a lot of additional paperwork for court. Sounds like things are moving along for you and I can't wait to hear that you have a court date. BTW, love the clothes you guys picked out. It's addicting now isn't it??
Post a Comment