Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hanging out in Tennessee

This is just a little note to let you all know we are still hanging out in Tennessee! I'm traveling quite a bit for work, and we've been really busy with our church over the past few weeks! We had our highest attendance ever this past Sunday at Peace for what Michael called "Big Sunday!" We had the Veggie Tales (Bob and Larry) there for the children and lunch afterwards for everyone. It was the 1 year anniversary of our church, and we used it as an opportunity to promote Peace again and let everyone know that we are meeting at the high school. We had a great crowd on Sunday and had a fun weekend!

In adoption news...we've slowed down on getting things ready for our child, as I think we need to keep some excitement for when we finally get "the call!" :) In the nursery, we need to hang pictures and get a few more items. We also still need to decorate our child's bathroom, although we have most of the decorations ready to go! I'm so ready to buy clothes and age-specific toys! I got the "Right Start" catalog last week, and they have great items! We did recently purchase a "Parenting" magazine subscription, and I look forward to reading lots of parenting tips!

We've started updating a few documents and are beginning to think about updating our entire dossier, since most of it will expire in November. I talked to our social worker last week to give her a heads up that we will need to update our home study, and she said she would be glad to help us when the time comes.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and especially your prayers as we continue on our adoption journey. By the way, several people have asked me how to post comments. If you don't have a Google account, all you need to do is click "other," enter your name, and leave your comments. (You do not have to have an account.) We always look forward to hearing from you and are always excited to have comments! :)

9 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Your church sounds wonderful. I think I mentioned before how much I enjoyes your 40 Days of Faith devotionals.

I understand the slowdown on the nursery, as I won't even open the door now for a while. We want something to do in between those trips.

We'll be praying that you hear something soon.

Carey and Norman said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We hope that you will receive news soon as the wait can grow tiresome.

We are so excited to hear that attendence was up on Sunday and I'm sure Bob and Larry were a hit. Your little one will be joining in on the festivities soon enough.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi there,

I have been thinking about you so much and checking your blog every day to make sure there was no news. I know you are ready to get that call, and I am continuing to pray for you and your little one.

I think it's a great idea to save some things to do between trips! I stayed busy for about 6 weeks and then ran out of fun things to do (except for a few small things) so you will be glad you did! Then again, you may not have to wait as long between trips!! I hope not!

We love Veggie Tales at our house and can't wait for Owen to meet Bob and Larry someday. I don't know who will be more excited...Owen or JIM!! He thinks Veggie Tales are so hilarious!

We hope to see you soon!!

Love,
Adrienne

Unknown said...

Carrie & Michael,

Just got caught up on your journey. Be assured as I "wait upon the Lord", I pray for understanding of the word wait. There is indeed a reason for waiting. I believe it is for the maturing of our hearts to the level of His Plan for our lives. Ecc 3 tells us there is a time for everything. We think we know when we are ready, but God knows much more about the path ahead. I pray your wait is almost over and you will soon be holding your bundle of joy. Trust His Heart even when you can't feel His Hand!!

Know that there are a bunch of "somebodies praying for you" daily!

Ryan and Amy said...

Thanks for an update. Glad to hear you are keeping busy. That's wonderful that your church had such great attendance...not without much hard work and prep on your part I am sure. We are praying you hear something soon.

Jane and Jim said...

Peace looks like a great church, I wish I lived in your area!

Your time will come when He is ready to give your child to you. Who knows? It may be annnny day now!
I'll be praying for you two.

Suz said...

You two have been in my thoughts alot lately. I just went and read Michael's blog too - Man, I wish I could have heard him on Big D and Bubba!

That 80's sermon series sounds totally awesome! ;o) Will it be online?

I'm so happy for the growth y'all are seeing in your church! It sounds like a great place, very family oriented! I know the members will be so excited to see your little one join the family!!

Suz said...

By the way, do you know Brandy and Coby? They live in Gallatin too and are adopting from Russia.

Here is their blog address if you're not familiar with them http://ginsbergsrussianadoption.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html

How neat that you live in the same city!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I check your blog weekly (sometimes more often). We met in a seminar at CHI and I think of you often and pray that you will soon get the call to go and meet your child. This is a frustrating time - all of in the adoption process understand that the wait is so tough!