Monday, August 6, 2007

Getting Closer...

Today we learned that another CHI family received their referral from Tver! Woohoo! They found out this morning that they had been referred a cute little red-headed 14 month old boy! We have been in contact with this family for several months since learning that they registered their dossier in Tver exactly one week prior to Michael traveling to register our dossier in April. This means their dossier was just one week ahead of our dossier with the Ministry of Education, which means we must be getting closer to receiving a referral for our child! She and I have been emailing back and forth for almost 3 months, asking each other about updates we had received from the agency. I believe that they initally sent their dossier in August 2006 and then took the registration trip in April. We are extremely happy for them, as they have been waiting for quite awhile and have been very eager to meet their little boy! :)

15 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

OH YEAH!!!! I always say a quick prayer when pulling up your blog that your referral has come - you are so close now. This is very good news-glad to see Tver is moving forward! By the way - I tagged you on our blog today :)

Troy and Rachel said...

This is GREAT news. You must be so close. I'll be anxiously checking your blog for news anyday!! Congrats on being one step closer.

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news. This means that you will receive a referral soon. We're so excited for you. I know you are now going to finish planning for trip #1 and complete any other loose ends in preparation to bring home your little one.

We look forward to catching up at lunch this weekend!

Many Blessings!

Jane said...

Oh that is terrific news! I just feel it that you will be getting your referrals very, very soon!

Suz said...

Oh my goodness! It is going to be soon, I just know! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to hear the wonderful news!

Deb said...

That's great news. Hopefully your referral is right around the corner.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. What a wonderful life your child has waiting here.

Allison said...

Great news!!! You are soooo close now! I can't wait to hear the good news that YOU have a referral.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

OH MY GOSH, you could have a referral any day now!!!! I am Soooooooooooooooooooooo Excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA!!

Becky and Keith said...

I was just catching up on my blog reading and was so excited to read yours!!! How great to know that you are so close! Thankfully, no more traveling for me so I will be checking your blog many times a day! :-) Love the new blog too! Did you make your header yourself? It's absolutely precious!

Coby & Brandy said...

WOW!! We are both on our way! What joy this news brings to us all. Our time is approaching!! It was great seeing you both this weekend! Many Many Smiles!!!! Brandy

Coby & Brandy said...

oh...I likle the new picture it is adorable!!!!

Sira said...

Its coming... I am so excited to hear that your referral came!

Anonymous said...

Carrie & Michael, You are in prayers. This week you have been on my mind alot. Truly God knows His Plans for you! May His blessings continue to give you strength! (I do love the picture you made of the blanket.) Keep on keeping on. Just when you think you have too much on your plate is when God presents the best platter of all! Love you! Sandra

Kathryn said...

Really exciting news!