"Kisses In the Wind"
I came across this sweet poem a few weeks ago, and it brought tears to my eyes as I thought out our future child who is probably in an orphanage somewhere in Tver, Russia.
KISSES IN THE WIND
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
--- Unknown
As far as updates...we have no new news this week. However, our Russia coordinator from CHI called last week to check in (Michael got really excited at first until she quickly told him she had nothing new.) She said she had no real updates but that she is also not aware of anything slowing things down right now in Tver. At least she did not have any bad news! We're still waiting and hoping that we might hear something in the near future!
4 comments:
Carrie - That poem is great! Into my file it goes for the future peanut's scrapbook!! Sometimes, no news is good news and the news that there definitely isn't a slow down is GREAT news! :-) Keep us posted!
What a beautiful poem. I'm going to print out a copy and keep it somewhere nearby so I can look at it when I'm feeling down.
At this point, I think no news is great news. I hope you hear good news soon!
Hey Carrie- As you know I am not usually up this late at night but I was on the computer and I came across where Billy had saved your blog address. I wanted you to know that I think about you and Michael often and the adoption. I am so praying for yall and for your child. I can't wait to see what God has in store!! So glad you started this blog! Talk to you soon!
This poem made me so teary! I love it and will save it too :) You both are still in our thoughts and our prayers as we hope your referral comes very soon! May God give you peace as you continue to wait for his timing. I know too well it's so hard, and I commend you for being so strong.
Love,
Adrienne
PS Thank you for all your comments on our blog!
Post a Comment