Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Every day we are getting closer...


This week marks 2 months since Michael registered our dossier in Russia! We are excited because as each day passes, we are getting closer to meeting our child! As we wait, we are continuing to work on the "Twinkle, Twinkle" nursery. This weekend we bought the additional furniture that we needed, and next week my sister Aimee is going to help with the "decorating" part since she got all of the Martha Stewart genes in our family! I've also started reading an adoption book recommended by our Social Worker Lindsay called "Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections." The book offers a lot of practical advice regarding issues we may encounter as adoptive parents. So far I've read about issues related to sleeping and attachment. The book makes me nervous as I learn more about potential concerns, but I try to remind myself that it will be much better for all of us if we are informed about the issues up front and prepared with potential ideas for handling problems that do arise. I also take time to read my favorite adoption blogs and CHI yahoo emails and chat group posts every day. All of these things are helping to keep me busy!!

Each day I also look at the pictures of the children currently in the adoption database in Tver, wondering if one of these sweet children is our little girl or boy. Although the waiting is getting really hard, we know that God works in His timing and that we will meet our baby at just the right moment. God's Word says "Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you." This helps me to remember that He is with our baby right now, that He in charge and in control of our adoption, and that He is with us, even during this quiet waiting time.

6 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Carrie - Your posts are so inspirational and remind us all to give it to God. It is so hard throughout much of this process to be impatient, question the little things but in the end all will happen according to His plan. On a funny note - my sister also got the Martha Stewart genes in the family! She is an absolute natural at decorating and I can barely match two fabrics (but I can scrapbook!). Isn't it great to have someone in the family with such a great gift! Did you also have to watch the DVD series? I haven't started reading my book from CHI yet, but have a stack waiting to go! Best wishes!

Carey and Norman said...

Carrie and Michael,

I too love reading your blog. I look each morning knowing that any day now you will get the "call." We are so excited to see other couples going through the same anticipation that we are going through. It is amazing how God uses other couples who are also going through adoption to witness and bring inspiration to those in need. You are both a blessing to us all.

Best wishes,

Carey and Norman

Troy and Rachel said...

Carrie and Michael - We are hoping you hear something very soon. Your nursery is turning out wonderful and we can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks for the insprirational words!

Deb said...

That's always the problem with these books. As long as you can keep thinking that it's better to be prepared then unprepared you'll make it through them.
I've heard great things about that book but have yet to purchase it.

Thanks for the encouraging reminder that this whole process really is in God's hand. It's so easy to forget when you're just waiting.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi there,

I'm so happy to see a new post! I've been checking on you via your blog each day from Vlad. I'm glad to see you are hanging in there and staying faithful and strong. I can't wait to see the finished "Twinkle Twinkle" nursery!

I can tell you from where I am now, read as much as you can now! I read 2 books and wish I'd read more! Don't let them scare you, but try to learn as much as you can because it will at least give you some knowledge to use if you need to. Hopefully your little one will do just fine and you won't need to fall back on the books! Sweet Owen definitely needs help in the social skills and attachment area so I'll be pulling out those books again very soon! :)

No matter what, God won't give you more than you can handle, and you will love your child whether you have an abundance of this info or not!

I can't wait to hear the day you have that referral!

Lots of love,
Adrienne

Fred said...

Guys, I am so excited for you! Remember that you are in our prayers!