Day 3 in Tver
DAY 3 IN TVER
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
9:57 a.m.—In just a few hours, I once again make a visit to the Minister of Education’s office. Honestly, I’m a little anxious about this second journey today. What if they find something missing in our paperwork? Will I have to stay here a few more days? As soon as I woke up this morning, I jumped into Matthew 6 and tried to fight off this anxiety with the words of Jesus: “Seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33). Outside my window now, I hear some birds chirping, and I believe God is reminding me of his promise to provide for his children: “Look at the birds. They don’t need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are” (6:26).
PRAYER—Heavenly Father, I know you will give me all I need to do your will and live for your glory. Forgive me for being anxious. I know you care for me and that your grace is more than enough to handle today’s uncertainty. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.
5:45 p.m.—From about 11:00 to 1:00, I toured Tver, taking along my DVD camera. The highlight of my tour—lunch at BASKIN ROBBINS! I couldn’t speak English, but I was able to point to the flavor I wanted (as well as the chocolate sprinkles).
I came back to my room and waited for my ride to the Minister of Education’s office. Olga kept calling me to tell me that they were busy, and we would go later. On her third call, and after almost 3 hours of waiting, she told me that I did not need to go. Alexei (the driver for our agency) had already been. We were APPROVED and officially registered as a prospective adoptive family. In other words, we’re on the official waiting list! See, no need to be anxious! We have no timeline, but our agency is telling us that we could hear something later this summer.
I accomplished my mission here in Tver. God was (and is) faithful. I’m so thankful for the prayers of those back home. Over the next few months, let’s keep praying as we wait to meet the child God has planned for us.
Now, I go to eat supper with some other families. Two families picked up their babies at the orphanage today, so I plan to take a few pictures! Good night from Tver! I’ll be back in Goodlettsville tomorrow night. Save some sweet tea for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment